September 19, 2013

La gran kermesse - Sergio Camporeale (Galería Enlace)

my drawings for an upcoming comic /
mis dibujos para un cómic que saldrá pronto
If there is a will, there is a way. I wish I could believe that. However, I can’t. Not right now. I’ve been feeling awful about this, but I am ready to give up. It has been over a month and I have achieved nothing. I started with a couple of job prospects and after so many days the number hasn’t increased at all. And, like in a bankruptcy chart, the numbers are climbing down. I don’t know what bothers me the most: the fact that I won’t get a new job before October or my own resignation. This is so typical. I guess this is just another example of how I never get what I want. Or am I being too pessimistic? 

I know how frustrating can it be when things don’t work out the way you want to. "If you don’t get this job you will get another one", people say. But what are you supposed to do in the meantime? 

I talked to a friend the other day. He's doing even worse than I am (hard to believe, innit?). Somehow I cheered him up. I haven't even the faintest idea of how I did it. And it made me wonder...

...Can I give to others something that I do not have? Fortunately I can. Otherwise I wouldn’t bother to write fiction. How is it possible to strengthen in others the hope that would only dwindle inside me? And how can my words be good for them but useless to myself? Extraordinary power, miracle, noble effort to hand over the very thing that I lack the most. It is, as Bernanos would say, the mysterious gift of the empty hands.

________________________________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________________________________


Como en los últimos años he viajado poco, a veces me preocupa estar desconectado de la movida artística latinoamericana. Por suerte, la Galería Enlace siempre se encarga de invitar a artistas de diversos países. Roberto Ascóniga, director de la conocida galería sanisidrina, siempre elige a los más talentosos. Y eso es algo evidente si repasamos el catálogo de los últimos tres años.

Anteayer si inauguró “La gran kermesse”, muestra individual del argentino Sergio Camporeale. Sin duda, un maestro del pincel y del color, Camporeale nos deleita con imágenes bien definidas, apresadas a veces por una bruma de ensueño que nos remite al poder de la mitología, clásica y postmoderna, y por eso es posible que en sus cuadros convivan un minotauro y un Batman, un hoplita desnudo y un Spider-Man.

El enfoque sobrio, los colores mates y el trazo preciso del artista septuagenario aportan a cada uno de sus cuadros un poder mágico y evocador que pocos logran. La experiencia de toda una vida dedicada a la pintura se plasma en “La gran kermesse”. 

Teniendo en cuenta la inclinación netamente comiquera del blog, los dejo con dos cuadros en los que podemos encontrar a Batman y a Spider-Man.

En abril del 2011, Camporeale también estuvo presente en nuestro país (gracias otra vez a la Galería Enlace), si quieren ver más de sus cuadros hagan click aquí.

2 comments:

  1. So... what about jobs? Are you unemployed? Looking for work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed.

      After studying literature, finding a job is always difficult. I wish I had studied something else... something useful.

      Delete